Fibro and the Flu

I know this is not the topic that I said I would be blogging about next, but I have the flu.  Not your normal run of the mill every day flu either.  I woke up for work this morning in more pain than I have ever been in my entire life.  Which seems so strange to say since I push through pain on a daily basis.  This is just so different.  I've never felt pain like this before. It isn't the  normal body aches associated with the flu, it's like they are amplified by a million times.ugh. One thing I have discovered is that chronically ill patients like those of us with CFS & Fibromyalgia tend to remain sicker longer than a normal person does with the flu.

Getting something as simple as the flu can be really detrimental to someone with CFS or Fibromyalgia because it causes all of our other symptoms to flare. It makes the exhaustion of the CFS worse; it makes the pain of the Fibromyalgia worse; it makes the sleeping issues seen in both disorders worse; and it is overall just harder for our bodies to come back afterward. Our immune systems are already compromised so something as mild as a cold or a flu can wreak havoc on our entire system

You should have seen me trying to get out of bed this morning, I felt like I was going to fall over with every step I took. It was truly pathetic.  I don’t know if it’s the fact that I don’t have the energy resources to deal with extra pain or it causes my fibro to flare but it just becomes really painful and intense. Yes, I’m speaking from personal experience because I’ve had the flu for the last three days and it’s really destroyed me. Luckily, my job allows me to work around my illness and the flu should only last a few more days. Has anyone else experienced this? I just know that I can't take care of patients right now, when I can barely take care of myself.  Ugh.

Comments

Good said…
Dropping in to welcome you to Fibro Bloggers Directory, glad you added your fibro voice. If you add a FBD badge to your site your blog will be mentioned on twitter and facebook and added to Bloggers of Note; you may even be chosen as the Featured Fibro Blogger. If you need help adding a badge read TO GRAB A BUTTON at right of FBD home page - scroll down. If you cannot add a button please mention us on your site somewhere - links, favourites, blogroll a post, somewhere. Thanks.

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Followers