New Year.....New Goals?

Sometimes when I think about my life in very general terms and ideas I wonder how I ended up here. How I am not dead somewhere, or a drunk, or a drug addict. I've witnessed more things in my thirty plus years on earth that I truly believe most people will ever see or experience. Believe me when I say that I don't regret the things I've done, because in the end they all put me right where I am today. I am nowhere near the person I thought I would be at this point in my life, and I am filled with imperfections, regardless I am me though. I've hurt people without meaning to, I've hurt people while meaning to. I've done a lot of things I've wanted to go back and change, and yet I know that changing even one of those things would have changed my life. And perhaps I wouldn't have ended up where I am now.




Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been easy, and sometimes I wonder what I'm doing. If I am making the right decisions, or if I am going down the right path. I just keep reminding myself that no matter what I have to keep going. I have to keep trying. I read something today that said if you can make you rself smile first thing when you wake up you can almost ensure that you will have a good day. Definitely worth trying. I know most people make all these crazy new years resolutions, but I've decided that I am going to try a different approach this year. Instead of making a bunch of insane resolutions for myself, instead I have a few wishes for each and every one of you.




I wish......

That you are able to love unconditionally

That you are able to forgive completely

That you have time to spend with those love

That you make time for those that love you

That you are willing to compromise

That you are quick to forgive and slow to anger

A world for our children more just, more fair, and more kind than the one we know now

Be kind to one another, really kind

Remember that doing one nice thing for someone, can change their life.

That you know those "friends" that will lie for you, will also lie TO you.

Same goes for gossip, if they'll gossip with you, they'll gossip about you.

That you are able to appreciate the smaller things in life.

Know that money is not what makes the world go around.

The walls around you do not define the wealth inside you.

Life is about trusting your feelings and taking chances, losing and finding happiness, appreciating the memories, learning from the past, and realizing people change

Don't try and be better than someone else, simply try and be better than you were yesterday.

Happiness is no more than acceptance.

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

We get to make a living; we give to make a life.

When it comes to giving, some people stop at nothing.

A person's true wealth is the good he or she does in the world.





The biggest thing for myself this year is that I need to make friends here in Columbia. People that are around my age, that I can have intelligent conversations with. People that I share common interests with. People that I can actually have a friendship that is beneficial to the both of us. I miss my old friends, but the fact is this, they live hours away, and while I have friends here I haven't taken the time to cultivate life long friendships. It's time I do that. I will not be forgetting the friends I already have, don't worry, I just feel it's time to work on friendships here in Columbia, this has been my home for three years now, and I still don't have friends like I do back home. With the exception of maybe one or two people. Anyways, I hope you all have a beautiful and wonderful Happy New Year. I know it's going to be the best year yet for my family and I. I truly hope that it is for you and all of yours as well!!






HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Comments

Good said…
Hope you are okay. Thought you might be interested in this set of articles i found
http://www.problogger.net/archives/2007/07/16/7-days-to-rediscovering-your-blogging-groove/

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Followers