Another one lost to drugs....

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Another one lost to drugs....
Current mood: shocked
Category: Life

Late last night I got this text asking if I had heard about a good friend of mine....I wish I wouldn't have answered it.....I sometimes wonder how this happens. A seemingly happy stable person suddenly is gone. How is it that we didn't know? Perhaps we did and we chose to not see? I dunno I just know that I am sitting here wondering how this happened. How is it that someone I was close to is gone.. here one minute and **POOF** gone the next. How is it that I didn't even know she had a drug problem? I pride myself on being able to tell....I grew up in a home full of drugs.........how did I not see this....? I have been trying to tell myself that there was nothing that I could have done....we aren't as close as we used to be......that she was over two hours away....that no matter what I couldn't have prevented this.....I'm not very convincing. I feel like if I had been a better friend...........could I have helped prevent this? Is there anything that any of us could have done? I don't even know if it was intentional...........do people purposely overdose? Is that done? I wonder if I'll ever know.....Why is it that every time I turn around someone that I know.....or I am close to......drugs is affecting them. and it's NEVER in a good way....That is what I don't understand. You know it's bad. You know you're going to eventually end up hurt one way or another....and yet you do it anyway. WHY?!?!?!?! I feel so bad for her family......I know how badly this is hurting me....I can only imagine how it's making them feel.....So I am praying for them. It's the only thing I know to do. I am not the best Christian and I know this....but any time I am lost I know I can turn to my faith. Thankfully. I just hope that people learn from this. How did we miss this happening? This perfectly "happy" girl........Gone. Vanished. Dead. How did this happen?

Currently listening :
Lean On Me: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
By Various Artists
Release date: 25 October, 1990

Comments

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more

Total Pageviews

Followers